WANT TO MAKE THE COVER OF GIMP MAGAZINE?
We need your help to contribute to this magazine
• Your best photography post processed in GIMP / UFRAW etc.
• Your most awesome graphic art design created in GIMP
• Your GIMP tutorials
• Your tips & tricks
• Your list of favourite GIMP resources (website URLs)
• Your new coolest scripts and plugin descriptions
• Even your other open source software reviews
• Your favorite hardware or product reviews
• And your most requested future GIMP upgrades / feature requests
There are two ways you can promote your amazing works with GIMP or related open source graphics software to the world: Gallery Submission or Feature Article.
SUBMIT AN IMAGE FOR OUR DESIGN OR PHOTOGRAPHY GALLERY
This is simple. Fill out the form at the bottom of this page and all we need is a little about you, a few words about the submission (e.g. I used GIMP 2.8 with the colorize filter to create this image), and the submission itself. The submission needs to be a high resolution image – 4″ wide @ 90 dpi (minimum size). We prefer as large as you can make it.
OR SUBMIT A FEATURE ARTICLE
(e.g., cover story, tutorial, master class, artist feature, etc.)
These are a little more complicated in terms of requirements. Here is what we need from you:
- Send the story text clearly written in English (we will help with minor editing).
- Send one or more feature images of high quality – 8.5″ wide @ 90 dpi (minimum size, 17″ wide @ 90dpi is the preferred size). Make sure that all images are properly cropped and void of copyright marks.
- If you are doing a tutorial style article provide the step-by-step images properly cropped (each 2.5″ wide at 90 dpi minimum) file named step1.png, step2.png etc.
- Optional – Send a high quality head shot, 2″ wide at 90 dpi (minimum).
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this page. Who knows, maybe you will be featured on the cover of GIMP Magazine?
I agree that my works will be displayed by GIMP Magazine under the Creative Commons License BY-SA 2.5, and I accept the term that GIMP Magazine takes no responsibility for the material in any form and this submission will automatically mean that I have agreed to these terms and conditions for the submission. These are my works and they are NOT based on, or infringe upon any other existing copyright material.
SUBMISSION FORM (for Gallery Submissions, or Feature Articles)
If you do not have web based images (e.g., flickr, DeviantArt), you can still email us those separately at http://gimpmagazine.org/contact. (send us your contact email, and we will be in touch with you). Please specify the same name as your submission.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact us directly. Thanks for submitting!