ALL ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY
It’s Official – Issue 3 launches to the world on March 6 2013 and it is looking amazing! So many amazing submissions that Issue 3 will weigh in at just under 90 pages of cool! This is thanks to some amazing submissions from talented photographers from all over the world (like Andrea Zanovello), not to mention Ian Muttoo from the GIMP Magazine team who has written an article on motion photography. We also have several tutorials on how to use GIMP with your photography. Oh yeah, did I mention that GIMP Magazine is FREE? We can’t wait to share this with you!
ISSUE 3 HIGHLIGHTS
- We are featuring the cover story on Andrea Zanovello, a highly talented photographer with some stunning shots to gaze at. In an exclusive interview Andrea tells us all about his photography and what he hopes for in the next version of GIMP
- We have the first ever Issue of “The Hunt for Wilber” a graphic novel by Dave Lepek, illustrated by Yeshua Nel, who you may know from the Master Class featured in Issue 2 of GIMP Magazine. Yeshua has joined our team as a regular contributor / illustrator
- We completed a 70+ point comparison between GIMP 2.8.0 and Adobe Photoshop CS5.5 Extended
- We have a full length article on motion photography from Ian Muttoo who you may know from the cover story of Issue #1. Ian has joined our team as a regular contributor
- A whole lotta G’MIC coming your way. We have a collection of G’MIC articles. Debi Dalio who joined our team recently has given us three articles: a full length feature article about G’MIC and how it works, a super groovy tutorial on how to create a rotoidoscope pattern, and finally a product review of G’MIC.
- Oma Dial has delivered a book review of, “The Night Parade of One Hundred Demons: a Field Guide to Japanese Yokai”. The interesting twist is that this full length book is not a training guide, but rather was created using GIMP and other open source tools
- We have a few short features on other talented photographers
- We have an incredible photography gallery that we are positive will inspire you
- We have continued our Tips and Tricks feature
- And we wrapped all of this is in a very cool looking magazine
- Oh yeah, did I mention that GIMP Magazine is FREE?
NEW GRAPHIC NOVEL SPIN-OFF
We have the first issue of something truly cool here, “The Hunt for Wilber” By Dave Lepek. We can’t wait to share this with you and continue the journey in upcoming issues. It was fun to work with Dave and Yeshua while seeing this story unfold in an amazing looking graphic novel style.
GIMP Magazine on Issuu.com (where we host the magazine) has measured over 200,000 views. This is incredible. Issue 2 had over 100,000 impressions in it’s first month of release, considerably more than Issue 1. These numbers are way beyond our original estimates, and they do not include some other big sites that have posted our PDF on their website for download. Thanks everyone for making GIMP Magazine a huge success!
NEW PRINT & TABLET EDITION
Issue 3 will launch to the world on March 6th in all the regular formats (Issuu, PDF direct download) as well as high quality print format and tablet format (e.g. iPad). Help support GIMP Magazine and have one delivered to your door, or tablet!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
The GIMP Magazine Team would like to sincerely thank everyone who contributed to our magazine. Check out http://gimpmagazine.org/giftshop if you would like to contribute $5.00 — we send cool stuff to those who do! Advanced previews, special features and other special goodies!
And finally I want to give a special thanks to everyone on the GIMP Magazine Team for coming together to make this work, especially given some illnesses over the holidays (me included). Keep an eye out for some in-depth previews coming soon! Kicking us off is a preview of the cover of The Hunt for Wilber.
I know i am forgetting something . . . Hummm? . . . Oh Yeah, GIMP Magazine is free! Help spread the word. Please follow us, re-tweet us, re-share us, or re-anything us!
Cheers, The GIMP Magazine Team!
P.S. We have already started to work on Issue #4, with an incredible photography/digital arts combined story. Keep your submissions coming in! We need more full length articles and tutorials!