ISSUE 2 HIGHLIGHTS REFRESHER
Here are just some of the highlights of Issue 2:
- We have a 10 page feature Q&A article with David Revoy, a professional illustrator
- We have a few short features on other talented digital artists and graphic designers
- We have information for noobs on how to get started with GIMP. Be nice, we were all GIMP noobs at some point, LOL!
- We have a full length 12 page tutorial from Madeleine Fisher, a professional graphic novelist and superhero
- We have an “Oil Painting Tutorial” By Susanna Bur designed for GIMP beginners
- We are now adding a short but useful Tips and Tricks columns, just look for Wilber!
- We have an 18 page Gallery dedicated to digital art created using GIMP and/or related software. This includes some specialized textures and even link-through video tutorials
- We have a Master Class from the Master Yeshua Nel on how to illustrate the coolest character from scratch — trust me when i say this is movie quality talent!
- As a special feature new in Issue 2, we are launching a “Wilber Art Contest” – Draw your best Wilber, and we may feature you on the cover of GIMP Magazine. (Fun Fact: Wilber is the very cool GIMP Mascot!)
- We have a tutorial on how to “Design Professional Brochures Using GIMP, Inkscape and Scribus” from Steve Czajka, and this includes a 26 minute link-through video tutorial
- Rolf Steinort of http://meetthegimp.org put together for us an awesome tutorial and link-through video tutorial on “How to Setup and Use a Graphics Tablet with GIMP 2.8”
- We have a Book review by Oma Dial, of “The Artist’s Guide to GIMP”
- We have teasers on what stories we are working on for Issue #3 (Planned for March 2013)
- A special thanks article from GIMP Magazine to you and all your awesome comments!
- And we wrapped all of this in a very cool looking magazine design with an all new typographic style and captivating cover! Oh yeah, did I mention that GIMP Magazine is FREE?
Issue #2 is due out on December 5th at http://gimpmagazine.org