- View or download PDF from Issuu (FREE)
- GIMP Magazine PDF Direct Download (FREE)
- Buy Printed Magazine ($24)
- Buy iPad Format Magazine ($5)
- Watch Directors Cut Video (FREE)
Watch a short video that describes the course
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
- RUNNING TIME: 5hr 51min of step-by-step video tutorials with voice instruction
- LANGUAGE: English
- PLATFORM: Windows, Mac and Linux
- ASPECT RATIO: 16:9 widescreen
- FILE FORMAT: HD 720 WMV
- COURSE INDEX: 40-page interactive PDF including table of contents, resources, definitions, index and more
- VIDEOS: 32 instructional videos
- EXERCISES: 19 exercise and four demonstration folders, approximately 100 files, totalling roughly 300 MB
- COURSE NOTES: 94-page printable course notes PDF, plus an interactive PDF format
- SUPPORT: Basic email/Skype support provided
- UPDATES: Course updates provided as digital download. This includes minor updates and you will be notified by email with a digital download link of any updates, new exercises etc. And this is included in the cost of the course purchase.
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Steve Czajka, the managing editor for GIMP Magazine, provides a review of self-publishing an international magazine. This review covers the major steps to start up a magazine, build a following via social media, and provide amazing content. Steve shares the publishing workflow procedures that GIMP Magazine utilizes for each issue of the publication, typography style guides and several design considerations to creating a clean and appealing magazine layout. Check out Steve’s design portfolio at http://flickr.com/steveczajka
I think this is amazing value…
Upon payment confirmation you will be sent an email with the digital download link. It is as simple as that!
Still not convinced? Check out how Scribus is used to create professionally designed and printed brochures. And of course, Scribus is used to publish GIMP Magazine!
CLICK HERE FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF TOPICS
Design Professional Brochures Using GIMP, Inkscape, and Scribus
Written by Steve Czajka, Edited by Sandra Livingston
This article will show you how to create professional brochures using completely free and open source software. This article uses a high-level approach to show you the overall steps to create a brochure, and some items to consider. Read this article and decide if open source can do the job for you. Keep in mind that GIMP, Inkscape, and Scribus are similar to Adobe® Photoshop®, Illustrator®, and InDesign® respectively.
This 26 minute HD video tutorial walks you through the basic steps to creating a brochure in Scribus while using GIMP and Inkscape for your graphics.
WANT TO LEARN GIMP AND INKSCAPE?
Check out a 5 hr 27 min Digital Arts DVD course. This course is designed for Photographers, Digital Artists, Illustrators, Industrial Designers, Graphic Artists and even Fine Artists looking to promote their work over the web. We have a special topic in this course to show people how to photograph / scan fine art, create blogging sites and upload their works. This DVD is available anywhere in the world and can be ordered on line using a credit card or PayPal. Click here for more http://gimpmagazine.org/courses
DESKTOP PUBLISHING COURSE DVD – (SCRIBUS) NOW AVAILALE!
The Desktop Publishing Course uses free and open source Scribus (http://scribus.net). Scribus is very similar to Adobe InDesign and MS Publisher. Learn to use free and open source scribus to create business cards, brochures, leaflets, full size posters, newsletters, magazine publications, and even books. I use Scribus to create GIMP Magazine and several other professional looking documents. Purchase your copy at http://gimpmagazine.org/courses
CALLIGRAPHIC TYPEFACE CREATED USING GIMP
Like the Gothic Textura Calligraphic Typeface used in the brochure? I developed this authentic hand done calligraphy that was post processed using GIMP and Inkscape. I call this Textura Tall and Narrow, and it is commercially available at: