DESKTOP PUBLISHING COURSE – (SCRIBUS) NOW AVAILABLE!
Scribus (http://scribus.net) is very similar to Adobe InDesign, QuarkXPress, and MS Publisher, but Scribus is free, open source and available to anyone around the world. Learn desktop publishing using free and open source Scribus to create business cards, brochures, flyers, full size posters, newsletters, magazine publications, and even books. Personally, I use Scribus to create GIMP Magazine, several brochures, certificates, calendars, design proposals business cards and several other professional looking documents. And all 134 pages of this course was authored using Scribus in addition to all screens used in the video production.
Watch a short video that describes this course, and provides two tutorials to create a magazine cover, and calendars in Scribus.
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
- RUNNING TIME: 5hr 51min of step-by-step video tutorials with voice instruction
- LANGUAGE: English
- PLATFORM: Windows, Mac and Linux
- ASPECT RATIO: 16:9 widescreen
- FILE FORMAT: HD 720 WMV
- COURSE INDEX: 40-page interactive PDF including table of contents, resources, definitions, index and more
- VIDEOS: 32 instructional videos
- EXERCISES: 19 exercise and four demonstration folders, approximately 100 files, totalling roughly 300 MB
- COURSE NOTES: 94-page printable course notes PDF, plus an interactive PDF format
- SUPPORT: Basic email/Skype support provided
- UPDATES: Course updates provided as digital download. This includes minor updates and you will be notified by email with a digital download link of any updates, new exercises etc. And this is included in the cost of the course purchase.
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Steve Czajka, the managing editor for GIMP Magazine, provides a review of self-publishing an international magazine. This review covers the major steps to start up a magazine, build a following via social media, and provide amazing content. Steve shares the publishing workflow procedures that GIMP Magazine utilizes for each issue of the publication, typography style guides and several design considerations to creating a clean and appealing magazine layout. Check out Steve’s design portfolio at http://flickr.com/steveczajka
I think this is amazing value…
New Desktop Publishing Course (Digital Download) $49.99
Upon payment confirmation you will be sent an email with the digital download link. It is as simple as that!
Still not convinced? Check out how Scribus is used to create professionally designed and printed brochures. And of course, Scribus is used to publish GIMP Magazine!
Also check out these certificates that were produced using Scribus! http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveczajka/sets/72157629553980891/
DIGITAL ARTS COURSE DVD – (GIMP AND INKSCAPE)
Designed for Photographers, Fine Artists, Illustrators, Graphic Artists, Digital Artists and the like who want to learn GIMP and Inkscape software along with online portfolio solutions.
This DVD Course Includes…
- RUNNING TIME: Approx 5hr 27min of step by step video tutorials with voice instruction
- LANGUAGE: English
- PLATFORM: Windows, Mac and Linux
- ASPECT RATIO: 16:9 Widescreen
- FILE FORMAT: HD 720 WMV, Approx 2.5 GB
- DEMONSTRATION FILES: 15, totalling Approx 176 MB
- PRESENTATION SLIDES: 100+ in PDF Screen and Print formats
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Six Exclusive Digital Arts Examples explained by Steve Czajka using a Master Class format. Steve has been performing freelance graphic arts and calligraphy since 1980 and is the Managing Editor for GIMP Magazine. Click Here to view Steve’s digital art portfolio.
New Digital Arts Course DVD ($39.99 CAD – Digital Download)!
NOTE TO SCHOOLS: Site licenses for the above courses are completely FREE to non-private schools. Teachers, simply purchase one copy and make it available to your students. I would like to promote the teaching of open source software in schools. Site licenses for businesses are available upon request.
NEW LEARN GOTHIC CALLIGRAPHY & LETTERING – NOW AVAILABLE!
Learn Gothic Calligraphy & Lettering in this online calligraphy course.
For the Calligraphy Review Service all you need is a camera or scanner, and ability to send your images through the internet (e.g. email). It is as easy as taking a photo with your mobile phone and sending it. I then review and comment on your work.
A portion of the proceeds will go towards maintaining the Calligraphic Arts Guild of Toronto’s website (a non-profit arts guild in Canada).
This entire eBook was created with open source software – GIMP for image manipulation, Inkscape for all diagrams and exemplars and Scribus for desktop publishing. Amazing software tools that work great together!
NEW LEARN CALLIGRAPHY & LETTERING MATERIALS – NOW AVAILABLE!
Want to get started with Calligraphy & Lettering, but are confused about the materials? Make your calligraphy stand out by using the best materials that you can commonly purchase. Steve Czajka spends approximately 50 minutes in this video based training course reviewing calligraphy pens, and other writing tools, brushes, speciality inks, paints, mediums, papers and the best combinations of each. Steve shows how to load speciality inks into a pilot parallel calligraphy pen. Steve also shows how to care for different materials. This course is included in the Learn Gothic Calligraphy & Lettering Course.
- Running Time: 50 min Approx
- Language: English
- Skill Level: Beginner to Advanced
- Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux & More
- File Format: HD Video 1920×1080 MP4, 35 Files Approx 1.2GB total – Quick Time, VLC, AVC, Default Android player and more